Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Just for the Fun of It

Oh, Pinterest! Whatever did I do before there was you? However did I do anything crafty, make a tasty treat, or upcycle something so cute?

Truth is I have always loved crafty stuff. Organizational stuff. Re-using something. Trying a new recipe. Now inspiration is at my fingertips. And my fingertips spend several hours pinning lots and lots of different things. I blame it on being a newlywed and a new homeowner. I mean, come on, I suddenly have an excuse to do this all, right? Uh.... (I think Mr. Fantastik is secretly scared I am going to spend all our hard-earned cash, but there are pins on saving money and being frugal, right? Riiiiggghhht.)

As I hit that little red button when I first started pinning, I questioned myself on whether or not I would ever use that hint, tip, craft skill, or recipe. So, I started a board of pins I have tried. I wrote under them how it worked, what I changed, if I would use that pin again. Problem is I forget that I have tried them and forget to repin them to the 'Pins I've Tried' board. Before long my brain started spinning... What if I were to create a blog, an outlet for what I have tried, projects that may not have come directly from Pinterest, but might be inspired by it, or projects you could find on Pinterest?

That is exactly what I am going to do- I am going to be trying my hand at blogging about the pins I try, at other projects I dream up, everyday cleaning and organizing or even just everyday life in our new household.

Now I'm off to pin some more... just for the 'fun' of it.

1 comment: