Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken...

I love my crockpot for those days when I don't feel like cooking, standing over a hot stove, turning on a hot oven in this crazy heat we've been having, or for those days I know I won't be home. So, when I found a recipe for the crockpot using only three ingredients I was pretty excited to say the least!

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
4-6 chicken breasts
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 bottle bbq sauce (I use Bullseye because they have some varieties without high fructose corn syrup.)

Put chicken in crockpot and cover with bbq sauce and pineapple. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Serve over rice. (We chose not because neither one of us was really all that hungry.)

I stuck it in the crockpot and walked out the door at about 6:45. Nick arrived home about 3:15 and turned it off. Obviously, the chicken cooked longer than 6 hours, but I figured it wouldn't hurt too much... I doubt it is the reason why, but both of us said we would pass on making it again. The chicken (a brand I normally use) was tough and chewy. I have another recipe for bbq chicken in the crockpot we like better that we'll stick with (and that I'll post here sometime 'soon'). 

Looks good and worth you giving it a shot since everyone has different tastes, but I'm not highly suggesting this one.


Original source is no longer available for this one according to Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment