Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Alternative drying rack?

Where is your clean laundry right now? 

In the basket?
In the dryer?
On the floor?
On the bed?
On the couch?

Or do you put it away?

Before being put away my laundry can often be found in the... shower!

No, I don't rinse my laundry in the shower... I pinch pennies by DRYING it in the shower.

When living on my own I had a dryer that didn't seem to work well at all. Rather than spend money by running it, I decided to 'line dry' my laundry inside. It still comes in handy with the stuff that was supposed to skip the dryer anyway, the jeans that make the dryer run nonstop, or during a heat wave when you don't want to run any more appliances than necessary. 

All you need is an extra shower rod (you can get these for under $7 at your neighborhood store). Put it up in the back of the shower, but far enough away from the wall that your laundry has some air flow between it and the wall. Hang up your wet laundry and walk away. It can dry in an hour or all day/overnight depending on the fabric and the temperature of your home.

If you want to keep it hidden from guests who are coming over, hang it up on the back rod, close the curtain, and then walk away.

OR...

If you're like me and realize that is a risk worth taking, you can leave your curtain pushed back and hang clothes on the rod your shower curtain is on, too.



 
I really want a clothes umbrella outside. However, we are on this lovely thing called a budget, and that is not top priority. I rather like using my shower rod line for drying clothes as an alternative.

Just wait till you find out where I keep my dirty clothes before washing...

No comments:

Post a Comment